Translate

måndag 22 januari 2018

Duo-colored surface and rescued tile.

 Ever since I did the 12 Days of Zentangle, Day 9 I have been thinking of trying the technique on a 8,9x8,9 tile. I saw Sandy Kelley Jones do it, using a tile she hade left just started and I thought I could use it to rescue a tile that went "wrong" from the start. Although I know there are no misstakes in Zentangle I have a small pile of tiles I abandoned since they didn´t go my way from the start. These tiles are a resource belive me! I never know where they will go as I start them over again! My first try on Eye-Wa, a Zentangle original pattern, didn´t go the way I wanted so I laid it in that abandoned pile. As I grabbed it this time, I also picked a tan tile and my scissors. 

And now here it comes transformed to something completely different:


But I wasn´t to happy about it, the tan part needed something more to get more contrast, so I went on like this:


I redrew  the Pookeroot in black, and that small difference made it I think! Except Eye-Wa and Pookeroot there is a bit of Florz too. Now I am finished and happy with my Rescued Tile!

2 kommentarer:

rainbows and raindrops sa...

Wow! Looks great!

Susie Ng sa...

I don't know how your tile looked prior to the scissors application, but I loooove what you did now. May I shyly express that my fav is the first tile? I think the tan part is a fantastic contrast to the dark eye-wa and overall the tile is smoother to look at.