Translate

torsdag 18 juli 2019

Hello again! And a new tangle AAW!

The exhibition went well. I didn´t have to come home with all my work this time. Ofcourse I was happy for those of my paintings that got new homes! But the week was much more than about selling. So many interesting talks with people I had not met before and also with some I had met. And so many asked about the Zentanglemethod! Some of them also went for a try, which was great! Among the paintings I had a couple of Opus-tiles and a few zendalas. I shared the showroom with a friend of mine, Gerd Vading and on an exhibition like this there are also moments in between visitors and then we had a chance to tangle too. 




The first tile ever for one of the visitors!

Tiles made during the exhibition. Some visitors are represented,
some could not come back to get their tiles at the end of
exhibiton, so they brought their tiles with them at once.

During this week I also played with my chop which resulted in a new pattern! My chop has changed since I started tangling. It might change again. This pattern looks different depending on if I only use one kind of stroke or if I draw it with a rounded stroke (C). First one page from my sketchbook:


Then the final step-outs:


I didn´t do the steps on the exhibition, but I made one tile with it:

I was happy with this and I liked to do it so I might go on with it now and then! One thing I liked with it is that it was very simple and that gives a lot of possible variations to play with. If you want to try it, please let me know so I may see what you come up with! It is a great joy for me when other tanglers try my patterns!!!

Ofcourse it was inspiring to be able to tangle during this week sitting among Gerds and my paintings in such a beautiful place! 

 I have got some more to work on after this which might result in at least one more deconstructed pattern! But right now I have a lot to do to get my studio properly cleaned after some months of intense work here!


5 kommentarer:

artzyfartzy sa...

Ohh Love the tiles! beautiful work! and I've never seen that tangle, thanks for the step out, I'm going to try it!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Whow! Thank you for commenting! You made my day!

Ragged Ray sa...

Great new tangle Anita. I love the way it looks stacked, and also the way those stars appear on the second version!

ria matheussen sa...

I like the tile with your new tangle very much and am glad to hear you had a nice time by letting
people see the wonderful world of Zentangleart!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank’s Ragged Ray and Ria! Love your comments!😍