Translate

torsdag 3 januari 2019

Happy mail - Happy tangling.


December was of course a busy month for me as for most other people I know. But to get a happy mail in my mailbox is such a wonderful experience and a chance to relax during the busiest and darkest time of the year. This is what I got from Debra Castaldi one day when the light was reduced to a couple of hours (Before Solstice).

 
 It might be a little difficult to see the lovely string penciled on this tile due to the photo I took under my lamp on my workingplace in my studio.  But if you enlarge it you might get hang of it! 


I liked this string a lot so I wanted to go with it very closely and I loved the way it took me! Debra had started with Rixties and Springkle so i added more of these and then som Tipple, Florz and a fragment from Zentangle Primer.



Next start from Debra was Diva Dance Rock´N Roll. I have seen Debra do this pattern several times and I really like it! Her lines are so precise and just to look at it is calming! 

So I went on with my Mac ´n cheese:Dewd and Tipple! Then more of Diva Dance but this time I think it is Foxtrot! Purk and Striping also wanted to play. Yes this was a nice experience and I loved to finish both these tiles! Thank you Debra!

After a while had another great and joyful moment when I saw what Debra had done with my starters!



The first started one was on the ecoprinted tile I made in the fall 2017. 


 The gold she added was a perfect match! I loved that. And how she made the Diva Dance again!!! 



Next start was on a tan (rennaissance) tile



Look at this! I love the way she repeated Pokeroot and Antidots on a bed of Verve! It looks so happy! An then the brown-black Knightsbridge in the background!

The traveling tangles project goes on and I am looking forward to do more of this during 2019. It is inspiring and it connects people from all over the world in a way that is very special.

Inga kommentarer: