Translate

fredag 15 februari 2019

Journaling - Zentangle

I have thought about journaling for quite a long time. Michele Wynne´s blog Coffee and Creativity has been and is a great inspiration. I love the classic Zentangle, I love to do my tiles in black and white and I love the possibilities when it comes to "beyond basics".I haven´t done a lot of ZIA:s (=Zentangle Inspired Art). But journaling is something that I want to explore more. I decided to post my first steps on the journaling road and I might post some more further on. Here are my first pages:



I have joined a group on Facebook (Our Tangled Lives),which will be a support for me I hope. I have chosen my word for 2019, which was the easy part: Possibilities.



Then I found a quote: "You don´t need to know precisely what is happening or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment and to embrace them with courage, faith and hope" - Thomas Merton

This quote just popped up as I looked for it and it is special to me. A couple of years ago I was reading Thomas Merton and his thoughts made a great impression on me at that time, so this is exactly what I was looking for!



This page is about Schway, which I have avoided as a pattern. But maybe Schway will follow me further along???



I have done a ZIA!!! This was because of a prompt in the Fb-group. I read a story about a tradition in Nepal where they use to make flags with messages, prayers to dead ancestors, friends and so on. It was a wonderful story and that made me do this page. I loved it! I also made me a bookmark for this page:

It is tiny just 8,9x4cm!



My latest page is about imagination: Notice the invisible. I used Embedded Letters, Denma (Anoeska Waardenburg), and Sistar (Hanny Nura).

I don´t know where this will take me. But now I have taken my first steps on the journaling road. I will try to do this once in a while and look for the possibilities.


3 kommentarer:

Susie Ng sa...

Anita, my hat off for your decision to start journaling and although I know YOU know that your first few pages are absolutely gorgeous, fantastic, and full of inspirations themselves, I have to tell you myself. So here we go: Anita, I love all your beautiful pages with those stunning drawings thus far in your journal and I sincerely hope you will continue to show them to us. I'll keep watching this site's pages for sure!
Full of admiration....sng.

ria matheussen sa...

Original, wonderful and inspiring start of another technique, congratulations Anita!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank you Susie Ng and Ria Matheussen!