Translate

torsdag 15 juli 2021

From N'Zeppel to a Journal Prompt

 It is hot outside. And very much humidity. We are not used to have this kind of climate in Sweden. How to handle it? We don´t have a lot of aircondition either. I close the doors on the sunny side of the house, I close the blinds and stay indoors a lot. Lucky for me my studio is the coolest place in the house! At this point I start my daily work tangling. some days it is mostly about tangling. Other days about other kind of artwork. But tangling is a meditation for me and that is a good way to dig deeper into other creative processes. 

Last week in the Fb-group Today´s tangles - Keeping it Classic Sandy Kelley Jones had made a special prompt how to make a grid using the Marcus Operandus designed for Zendalas in Project pack no. 9. Marcus Operandus is a tool designed by Zentangle.com and you can download it here for free. It is actually a tool made for tangling in a round and if you want to learn more about this you can watch the videos on YouTube  going with the PP09!

This Prompt in TTKIC was so fun and it was all about N´Zeppel as a monotangle. Monotangling is such a great way to learn about a tangle and this was no exception. And N´Zeppel is so addictive! 



Same tangle different shading and they appear quite different. I wanted to try it on black tiles too:



Is this the same tangle? Oh yes and now I had a mosaic:.


I could go on for days with this. It is so interesting how very small differences have such an impact on the outcome! I love that, since it really shows there are a lot more to explore! 

When I finally sat down with my OTL-journal for this year, (a junkjournal!!) I just had to go on with N´Zeppel and work it into the prompt from Judy Stevenson Voges. The prompt was about one to me unknown South African Artist, Glen Josselsohn, who was working with a syringe. I didn´t have a Syringe, but I used a tiny squeeze bottle and filled it with Sumi Ink (Japanese ink used for Calligraphy). 



I loved to do this and it gave me some ideas I want to try in my other artwork as well! A couple of other tangles joined: Onamato, Chartz and Purk from Zentangle and Cheesecloth from Suzanne McNeill.

That´s all for today! Happy Tangling!




 

Inga kommentarer: