Translate

måndag 4 oktober 2021

Happy Inktober Tangles 2021! Part 1.

Here we go again. October is definitely in the Autumn season here in Sweden. I know that is not the case on the other side of the globe where it now must be spring. I wasn´t sure that I could make it this year as I am working on an exhibition to come but I decided to keep it simple because I do want to be a part of this worldwide tangling during this month! Stephanie Jennifer is doing such a great job planning this fun!

 I found a small journal in which I had done Arukas  for 30 days and half of this journal was still empty! I grabbed it and turned it upside down starting from the end of the little book and now I keep going. This is what I have done so far:

My new frontcover done with some Washitape
I made a while ago

I decided to use my fountain pens most of the time during this Inktober period, but also allow myself to use other supplies if I felt like it. Not many rules here!


First tangle: Lunar Flux  (Debbie E New)
Lovely first of Inktober with a tangle new to me: Lunar Flux deconstructed by Debbie New. I haven´t tried new tangles for a while since my priority has been to use the Zentanglemethod as a meditation. But this little one which starts with the pattern Flux was really fun to play with.


My first take on Nadine Roller´s Naaki for day 2.
Couldn´t resist making this tangle on a black Bijou! So easy and very meditative with only using 2 basic strokes. That´s my kind of pattern! Easy to learn and remember! I have done  more playing with this pattern after the first one:

I used pigma micron purple and blue.


Very quickly we moved into October the 3d:
 
Dewd (Zt). 
Dewd has become a go to tangle for me.  This time Iwas inspired by the PP15, which was such a wonderful Project Pack where Letters were in focus.


Today I made a mess at first, following the 4th prompt!Using my fountain pens getting into the tangling, I forgot that the ink was watersoluble. And that it took a while to dry. The area around my drawn square was smudged and first I tried to  use a broad yellow ocre acrylic pen to cover it up, but it looked even worse. Then I tried black gesso around my square and that made the trick! But there still is an Oops: I spelled Doris Bischop wrong on the page which I apologize for. I will fix this tomorrow in the journal but the picture came out like this and might not be changed here:
Whipdcreem (Doris Bisschop)
Yes you are right, Nadine Roller´s pattern wanted to make one more show, this time dressed up with a gem! Well well Naaki might come visiting again! This 4th day I also used one of the suggested strings for Inktober tangles.

If you want to follow the Inktober Tangles 2021, you find the official  list here in the blog 7 Forrsest 5 Rivers. Happy Tangling!








Inga kommentarer: