Translate

måndag 18 april 2016

Shnek in Square One

Square One is a community on Fb which I am proud to be a part of. Square One consists of several undergroups and it is possible to be a member of them all if one wants to. My favourite undergroup is Square One Purely Zentangle. There are strict rulings in the groups and in Purely Zentangle, there are only tangles on 8,9x8,9cm allowed and only black pen and grafite. No color. In this group there is one tangle in focus every week and for now it is all about Shnek, a tangle by Hanny Nura (prev. Waldburger). Hanny has made new stepouts for this tangle, which made the whole pattern much easier to learn and to vary. I had a lot of fun doing this!


This was my first try and I used it with Cruz (Caren Mlot), Tipple and Zinger on "Rope String" by Margaret Bremner. The second one was a zendala which I showed in my previous post.



This is my third try with Shnek. I used it together with string 95 from tanglepatterns.com. This time I tried a few variations together with Antidots (Anita Roby-Laverý), zen-gems and Tipple. Shnek also worked well as a border. To shade or not to shade that is the question. Since I really love the feeling of 3D in Zentangles I use to shade.

Note: When I don´t write the name of the creator of a pattern, that doesn´t mean I don´t know who has created it, but then it is an Official Zentangle by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Linda Farmer has made a list of official Zentangles and you find the list here.



Inga kommentarer: