Translate

söndag 17 mars 2019

Journal and Fullmoon Mosaic



Prompt6. Magic Carpet Ride. To create a magic carpet? This Prompt from Karen Polkinghorne was so fun to do. A magic carpet that flies away above the clouds.... I once again went to my box with abandoned tiles and found one made on white notepaper and one on a paper painted with black gesso. The first one was a low quality paper, you know those who comes in notecubes. As I started as a tangler I just took any paper to work on. The next one was an experiment, I wanted to try the black gesso surface if it could work tangling on. It worked, but it didn´t work the way I liked so I stopped trying this. Now I made some weaving and went on tangling a border around the middle part of the carpet. It needed some color, so the watercolorpencils got to do the work. Still it wasn´t enough magic in this, so I used my Sakura Gold, that I got on the seminar and made the carpet glitter! There it was and I liked it!

I have seen the Fullmoonmosaic (a challenge from Hanny Nura) done a couple of times and I have thought it is a beautiful thing to be a part of. Now I did go for it and if the Magic Carpet Ride was a magical ride, this Fullmoonmosaic sure was magical to do. Hanny Nura gave us 2 strings and one pattern, Irka (Alena Light), to take off from. Here are my tiles:

Patterns: Irka (Alena Light), Peace Petals (Sandy Kelley Jones)
Locar, Poke Leaf and Poke Root.

Patterns: Irka (Alena Light), Icantoo (Hanny Nura), Flux,
Tipple and Fragment Q7

I wanted to have them together too:


Oooh I loved to do this! The fullmoon is shining!




2 kommentarer:

Ragged Ray sa...

I love what you did for the Full Moon Mosaic. So wonderful that your two tiles join together to become one! Wonderful!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank you so much Ragged Ray! I am so glad you like them!