Translate

fredag 8 mars 2019

Journal and DC 387



I really enjoy this journalprompts! No.5 is Textures. Textures is something I have been aware of all the time working with my paintings in my studio, and it has been important to me as an inspiration and as an expression. To make it in a minor size like this was so thrilling! I started with those eco-dyed papers I have saved from the fall 2017. The first one (with the heart) I had made in february 2018, but I had to cut it to fit in the journal. On this page also a strip from a tissue with the pattern bleed through. Talking about my other work in the studio I cut a piece from a paint cloth and tangled on it with Identipen and a Permopaque pen.


The second eco-dyed tile I tangled for this purpose and I love the way it came out! On this page is a structure paper tangled with Rahat Farzana´s new pattern Najam,and then a tissue tangled with Flux (the frontside this time). The page needed some Ipso (Jennifer Hohensteiner) too.

This weekly challenge no387 from the Diva is UMT (Use My Tangle), which is an event the first challenge every month and this time it is all about Holly Atwater´s ha Wy. This tangle is a challenge to me, I admit that. I have tried it in my sketchbook, on bijoutiles and at last I made it on a black Apprentice tile (11,4x11,4 cm).


It is a fun pattern based on an asterisk. I like the geometric qualities but I have to work on it to get it going. I placed it in a round as a monotangle and I am pleased with the way it came out.

7 kommentarer:

Malerisches Franken sa...

A wonderful interpretation of this difficult pattern! Well done!

Kay sa...

Very well done!!! Love it!

ria matheussen sa...

I love your Diva tile with such a wonderful shine, gives a special effect, and so are the Texture tiles: gorgeous results!

Anonym sa...

I love your texture pages! Love! Your diva tile just shines. Beautifully done!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank you all for wonderful and encouraging comments!

Holly {ha! designs} sa...

Anita...
I loved reading this post last week, yet somehow I must have forgotten to press "enter" on my comment! Oops!

I absolutely adore your version of haWy! It's a gorgeous tile... and I love the white on black! It seems to give it some additional drama. Wonderful! I love seeing your journal pages too... the texture you added is just delicious! These pages are definite treasures! Thank you again for giving haWy a try. It was so much fun for me to see your version and beautiful take on it.

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank you Holly!😍💕🙏