Translate

tisdag 22 augusti 2017

Joey´s weekly part 2 and some surprises

The first surprise today. I got a pre-birthday-gift! Something that I really wanted but found too expensive! The zentangle-app! I haven´t discovered everything yet, but I have seen some interesting videos that are soo inspiring! I am so grateful! Today is a beautiful day. Joey has published part two of the 9-tilechallenge and this was a surprise too! She wanted us to add Merryweather (Sandy Hunter), which happens to be another of my favourites! Here is the result:


I went on with  African Artist (Tina Hunziker), Cadent (Zt), Merryweather, Tripoli (Zt) and Diva Dance(ZT). Left an empty space, which I am not sure will be an emty space in the end! But I felt like leaving it like this


It is so fun to put the tiles together! I had to take a second alloverpic.

I found out quickly that the size of all tiles together is the same size as one Opus-tile. I have cut one myself sometime ago, but not dared to go for it yet. But Joey´s challenge gave me the courage and an idea how to manage this and still use the zentanglemethod, no planning, just be in it and see what happens next. It is so fun! I love it. Don´t know where it leads that will be another surprise but here is what happened so far:


I leave the shading till I have done the whole piece, since I also leave the decision about color or not. One stroke at a time. No rush. Exactly the same method I use working on ordinary tiles. I find this so relaxing and satisfying.

4 kommentarer:

ria matheussen sa...

Beautiful connection of the two tiles and lovely tanglework Anita. Also your Opus tile has become a nice start. Thank you for reminding us what the real Zentangle spirit means, right you are!!!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Ria! This is sooo exciting!😄

Anonym sa...

I love the #2 tile, and the way you let the African Artist move into it. Beautiful! As for the empty space, I've started leaving a lot of white space on the majority of my tangles, making my tangles a lot less "fussy" looking.

The opus is great so far, and I can't wait to see the finished product. I don't think I've ever done one that size before.

JoyceB

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank´s Joey! This is so inspiring! :)