Translate

måndag 18 juni 2018

More about the String and a calendarspread 13th-18th of June


Kuke (Katie Abbott) is the focuspattern in Square One (FB). I have done it once before and I did love the way it looked. The black and the graphite is such a nice combination! I haven´t used it since and for one reason only: I didn´t know how to make this pattern mine. It was drawn in circles an it was beautiful as it was.


Then I saw what Margaret Bremner did, letting the string guide her.  The string is the clue! The string is a kind of limit and limits are important to reach another creative level! At least that is my experience and Maria and Rick often speaks about the "Elegance of Limits" in this way. So I made my string and then it was all about Kuke with a couple of Beadlines (Margaret Bremner).

Now Project Pack #03 is to be found on YouTube. The project is about ribbons and this is very much about the string made in a special way. As I haven´t had too much time for tangling recently this was what I applied in my calendar:


Actually I started already on the 12th, but then it was so easy to make the ribbon continue on the whole spread starting with the 13th! I haven´t used the string much in my calendar. But I think I will do it more from now on since it is fun and it is a tremendous way to avoid planning, just let everything grow! 

On this spread I also wanted to do something different using graphite not only to create shadows. It is fun but this technique needs some practising I think. the patterns I know the name of are: Paisley Boa (Amy Broady), Sez (Zt), Peace Petals (Sandy Kelley Jones), Hearts 4 G (mine) Kuke (graphite version), Dex (Zt), Meer (Zt), Dorsal (mine), Loev (Ela Rieger) D´Rua (Damy), Orbs, Eke (Zt) and a last Kuke in the corner.


Well yes I have started working on the project pack 03 too, but that will be another blogpost! 

Inga kommentarer: