Translate

söndag 7 oktober 2018

Inktober Calendar and DC370


This time inktober just went over the edges. It was fun to revisit patterns I have tried before, but maybe not experienced the posibilities with! Facets (Nancy Pinke) is such a pattern. Now I am going to use it more often I am sure. Fleavy (Hanny Nura) can go anywhere! And at last Pais (Mikee Huber) is also a pattern I haven´t revisited since I first tried it. So much fun to do with this!

Then it is time for an new UMT-challenge from the Diva. UMT = Use My Tangle. Laura pics a random tangle from other tanglers and this time it was a pattern from Heidi Sue, Mezzanine.



I have not seen this pattern being used before, nor have I tried it. Maybe I wouldn´t have found it if it wasn´t for this UMT-challenge! It reminds me of Abeko from Lynn Shelton Mead but different. Easy to learn and fun to do. Mezzanine worked nicely with Onion Drops (Shasta Garcia). I tried it on a selfcut zendala (!) on the cardstock I have been using for a while. To cut out a zendala is not easy for me but I got some ideas about how to do it from my friend Susan Kelley Pundt. First I traced around a circle I have cut in thinner paper (zendalasize) with my circlecutter. I used a Sakura pen, well used and almost dried out for the tracing part. Then a pair of scissors (sharp one) and cut it as neat as I could. The last step was to use sandpaper around the edge, very lightly.

For the string I used my youngest son´s name, Erik. Almost invisible, but I draw it on white paper first so here it is:



To use a name on a zendala as a string is fun. It is also such a pleasant way to keep someone in focus involving a lot of warm thoughts! 

7 kommentarer:

Gudrun S. sa...

Wonderful idea and Zendala Anita!!!

ria matheussen sa...

Wow Anita, the idea for the string is wonderful and so is that gorgeous zendala, I love every penstroke on this absolute stunning !!!

Melissa sa...

I agree totally with the previous comments. Beautiful and what a great idea for a string!

Anne's tangle blog sa...

Your zendala is more then gorgeous!!!

Annette P.-L. sa...

Absolutely georgous zendala with a great string! I totally agree with the previous comments.

HeidiSue sa...

Wow! Love that zendala! Amazing detail and well chosen patterns that complement each other! And using your son’s name as the string! Man that’s good!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank you all for wonderful comments! I appreciate them very much!😍