The challenge this week was a little bit different. Find an early tile that I liked and remake it. It is a little bit strange for me to do this. When I have made a tile I am satisfied with I also think this is it and then to remake it..... Hm. But I went through the challenges from the Diva and found one I made 24th of March 2016 in the Diva´s challenge no 206. The challenge was to do something using tools I didn´t use while tangling. I was in the beginning of my tangling journey, so black pens on white tile was what I used daily. I went back to materials I only had used for other artistic purposes: Watercolor. Here is the old tile:
This one was made on heavyweight watercolorpaper. I was so happy about it since I hadn´t used watercolor for a long time (I use all kinds of other materials but not watercolor). Way back in artschool I really had a crush on watercolor. That was my mackandcheese at that time, you could say! This tile was special to me and still is since I found a way back to watercolor! No, I don´t use it much in my other art but I love to use it while tangling! Here is my remake:
This one is made on Fabriano Tiepolo, the same quality paper as original tiles. I was satisfied with the result and it was another kind of experience than choosing a tile I wasn´t too happy with at the start and remake that one. There are differences between the tiles, not depending on the surface. I didn´t intend to copy, but doing a monotangle as I did the first time. What I see is a calmer, more balanced tile. Still I love the first one though!