Translate

lördag 25 augusti 2018

22nd-24th of August and IAST257

There are round boxes! Hats often comes in round boxes. Chocolate might also. Sometimes the lid is translucent too! Often they also appear with beautiful ribbons. So the last three days I made the boxes round. The patterns which appears are: Printemps (Zt) Arcflower (JJ La Barbera), Zenribbon with fragment K3 and a fragment of my own, Lollywimple (Sandy Hunter) and Well well well (Zt). I wanted the surrounding to be black but I also knew that too much black on the calendarpage would bleed through so I just gave it one layer. First I didn´t like the striped effect but then I heard from some friends this added something to the page and now I kind of like it as it came out. I also go a very good tip from Sue Zanker how to prevent the bleeding and get it all really black: Go back on the blackened surface with a soft blac colorpencil and work it in! I will sure try that next time I do something like this!

IAST 257 is all about a recent published pattern, Twilight,  by Jody Genovese. Here is my first take on it (not my last I belive):



Twilight reminds me of a couple of other patterns, Footlight and Munchin f.ex. Only straight lines this time. Straight lines are interesting in another way than curved lines and sometimes I love to celebrate the straight ones! Not using rulers or anything else then my free hand ofcourse. It is a lot of zen in drawing a line slowly, breath and stay focused. The lines are not perfect and shouldn´t be. I like it this way! 

There are spectacular skies in the evenings here now! Last nights dogwalk gave me this:


A little bit like Twilight.....

Inga kommentarer: