Translate

måndag 16 maj 2016

Celtic patterns

Celtic patterns are most interesting. I have been watching Ted Nichols at youtube. He is a master drawing these. I have tried it myself after watching his tutorials. To me it is like training the brain to draw those. I haven´t done it for a long time now. The patterns are gorgeous, but they are not tangles. Margaret Bremner has done a great job recently to deconstruct a celtic pattern and turn it into a tangle. She has published the step-out for Skye in her blog. I have practiced it today. Her step-out is so well done and I think I have got hang of the pattern by now. It is fun to do it but takes a lot of practicing for me anyhow! Here is my first try:



I used string 111. When I had made this one in my sketchbook i went on with a renaissance tile with the same string. 



It is still practicing for me. Not much in the "zone". But somewhere inside me I know it will be worth the effort to learn Skye. So I´ll continue! The other patterns are Heartline (Helen Williams), Shnek (Hanny Nura), Annee (Sandy Steen Bartholomew) and Tipple. I used micron (black and color), colorpencils, white charcoalpencil, graphite and a little gellypen. A lots of stuff. But this is the way it went.

2 kommentarer:

Margaret Bremner, Artist sa...

I think you did a wonderful job!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Margaret! I am glad you shared Skye! It is a beautiful pattern!❤️